Followers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

(mostly) natural eye primer review


Here goes my primer review. Fresco Phyrra has some more in depth reviews on her blog for UDPP, etc. I am hoping to focus on only indie and mostly organic primers.
Unfortunately, I don't have too many primers to review... but here are a couple to start
(I will move clockwise from left to right in the above picture, for the more visual folks out there):

Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy: I tend to be a hippie chick at heart, but this stuff is INCREDIBLE! You put a teency dab on your eye and blend, wait a few seconds till it gets tacky and apply loose shadow. The powder sets it. That's it. Easy peazy. This product really brings out sparkle or shine. I wouldn't use it for matte, though. It's SUPER inexpensive. Lasts FOREVER. and, most importantly, I adore fyrinnae.

Fyrinnae Eyeshadow Primer: I think they've discontinued this product, but I rarely had issues with it creasing (which is unusual, because my eyelids are super oily).
Herbal Mineral Bright Eye Illuminator: I would not recommend this product to anyone with oily lids. It creased pretty badly on me and seemed to dull color. It's a bit shimmery and taupe-ish in and of itself, so maybe it would work ABOVE a primer as a neutral color... hmmm... I should try that (I hate waste. hahah).

The All Natural Face Oily Lid Eyeshadow Primer: This stuff is AWESOME. I am SUPER fair skinned, but I still got the dark and have been quite pleased with it. I think they offer a lighter one for oily eyelids, too, now.

Detrivore eyeshadow primer: This primer is REALLY great for bringing out color, but tends to crease on me. It's a bit better when I first apply the oily lid primer, though.

My Determination:
Of the aforementioned primers I would recommend the Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy and All Natural Face Oily lid Primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment